Tuesday, November 9, 2010

BUSY!

So as you could see from my last post, I have been busy making the house cute :) I thought I would share a couple ways that helped make it that way :)

Chris showed me these anchor things that are so cool, I HAD to share! This may not be new to some, but I'll share anyway... They screw right into the wall and hide so you can hang heavier pictures on the nail.
Heres what they look like:


And this is what it looks like in the wall:


I think a lot of you are familiar with Hobby Lobby :) which is where I found some cute knobs that will screw right inside these anchors! Check them out!





After you screw it in, this is what it looks like:


Here's another cute one in the wall:


After they are in, you can hang what ever you want! SO DARLING!










I also FINALLY finished my bench project that I've been working on (or lack there of) for like 5 months! There is this house on the corner by Westwood High school, where these hispanic people live. I drove by their home recognizing this bench ever time I went by.... I finally worked up enough courage to go and ask if I could buy it from them, and they said yes! I was so excited, I knew it would look sooo cute in my family room.

So here is what it looked like after my dad helped me strip all the black paint off of it:


And here is what it looked like after I painted and crackled it:


And here is what it looks like in my family room! I love it!



1 comment:

  1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the bench!!! Everything turned out so cute! I wish I could have come see your place when we were there last month! Sorry I wasn't able too... I feel horrible!

    ReplyDelete