Friday, January 28, 2011

HOLLY HOMEMAKER

Chris has now re-named me HOLLY HOMEMAKER because I have FINALLY started learning how to sew!! I think I wasoutside playing with bugs during the time that my grandma DeWitt was teaching Kami and Capri how to sew when we were little....
Like I've said before, I've been a little discouraged about how to decorate my bedroom... Every other room is pretty much decorated at our house, but our bedroom has been majorly neglected!
SO>>> I finally found some curtains that I liked and thanks to my fabulous sister KAMI, I've started to sew a few things tomatch and make parts of my bedding!

Following this tutorial here from a cute blog I found called PRUDENT BABY, KAMI taught me how to sew Shams for my bed! They turned out super cute, I love them!


After I told Chris about my fun filled afternoon of sewing shams with Kami, I KNEW I wanted a sewing machine! Chris was waaaaaaaaayyyyyyy ahead of me! He stopped by his mom's house and grabbed her sewing machine for me and brought it home :)

All in all, I guess you could say I'm on a roll with this sewing kick! I decided to try a throw pillow, but couldn't find a tutorial, so I made up my own instructions :) I found the fabric and border at JO ANN's. I think it turned out super cute, and its given me a few more ideas for different pillows to make and put on my bed! I've decided to do more of an antique look in my room with black and creams, with accents of pink! So far, I LIKE!





No comments:

Post a Comment